Freight Supervisor (Nisqually Markets: Lakewood)
The Freight Supervisor is responsible for maintaining policies and procedures as per company standard and is responsible for the efficient expedition/handling of inventory products/vendor check-ins.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compiles & maintains records of quantity, type, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment.
- Counts material, merchandise, or supplies in stock.
- Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records, such as sales orders, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory costs totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock & adjusts errors in computation or count; investigates & reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, & computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Stock and issue materials or merchandise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and/or crouching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work in a cooler for up to 4 hours in one day
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position requires open availability and flexibility to work any hours or days throughout the week.
Required Education and Experience
- 5 years or more of inventory/freight experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work well with others while paying attention to detail.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of invoicing procedures.
Starting Rate of Pay: $18.00-$19.00/hour
Nisqually Markets is Native hiring preference for enrolled members of the Nisqually Indian Tribe or other Federally recognized Indian Tribe. Please attach a copy of Tribal ID card with resume.