Store Manager (Nisqually Markets: Yelm Highway & Frederickson)
The Store Manager is responsible for maintaining policies and procedures as per company standard. They will display leadership and exemplary behavior and will supervise employees to ensure shifts go smoothly while store goals are being met.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor and manage inventory, including ordering for store and fuel.
- Direct store operations and build a winning team that provides excellent customer service.
- Collaborate with vendors regarding merchandising needs.
- Ensure correct product pricing in consultation with management.
- Complete shift reports, and daily store sales accurately and thoroughly.
- Proactively build sales and marketing to drive revenue.
- Assume responsibility for hiring, training, scheduling and motivating employees.
- Supervise and train all new employees about product and procedures.
- Provide regular feedback to employees regarding customer satisfaction and performance.
- Complete all reports including shift reports, daily store sales, and auditing reports accurately
- Maintain compliance to all safety rules, laws, and regulations.
- Assure store consistently opens and closes at predetermined times per ownership.
- Maintain the physical appearance and cleanliness of the store and property.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and/or crouching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position requires open availability and flexibility to work any hours or days throughout the week.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 5+ years of management experience in a convenience store or similar retail store.
- Experience with high volume tobacco sales.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with strong leadership skills and a cheerful disposition.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including attention to producing quality results.
- Experience cash handling, inventory control, scheduling of employees and other responsibilities as deemed necessary by Manager.
- Ability to plan, organize and monitor activities according to priorities, established schedules, and deadlines.
- Computer literate with expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Requires availability to work weekends and evenings when required.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree
Rate of Pay
Nisqually Markets is Native hiring preference for enrolled members of the Nisqually Indian Tribe or other Federally recognized Indian Tribe. Please attach a copy of Tribal ID card with resume.